05 July 2010

P2G 3: Leamington to Newark


A long hot haul up the Fosse Way today. Unfortunately, the speed I cycle, I couldn't even get this ford to splash me with cool water.


Ab Kettleby is a nondescript little village near Melton Mowbray. But it's Britain's top village - alphabetically - thanks to the way computers sort their gazetteers.

(And yes, it's sideways. Blame Blogger. It's OK on my laptop.)


Staying at a Travelodge just outside Newark (which has a surprisingly continental feeling Grand Place, except everything was shut when I went through at quarter past five). Convenient bike parking here.

Miles today: 87
Miles so far: 241

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we're going to have to get tech support to look into your sideways-photo issue. Some photo-editing software keeps backup copies of the original photo. If you email me the photo I will tell you whether it's sideways on my laptop...

    ReplyDelete